We’re Enroly - an award-winning EdTech company who are innovative, fast-paced, and scaling rapidly. We’re looking for a hands-on Data Engineer to join our Engineering team and lead on the most exciting data project in global higher education.
Our Data and Insights product offers ground-breaking, real-time business reporting to universities. It is a product upgrade on top of our industry-leading SaaS platform CAS Shield.
Enroly Data and Insights aggregates and anonymises real-time data, providing our clients with internal and industry comparison data, offering a resource akin to the ‘Bloomberg for higher education’. The product is live, and is actively used by a wide range of our UK university clients.
The solution has been developed cloud-first on an AWS Postgres Data Lake, and you will be collaborating closely with a talented team of front end developers and product managers, building out the queries to drive flexible and user friendly data visualisations.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape the future of a flagship product, as we bring our current partner-developed data insights product in-house.
- Building effective and efficient Postgres queries to expose data from the data lake that allows for powerful and insightful visualisations that helps customers understand their bottlenecks and opportunities.
- Creating and maintaining efficient data lakes and data pipelines hosted in the cloud.
- Translating business requirements into architectural decisions.
- A genuine passion for data and what it can unlock for businesses.
Desirable but not mandatory experience:
- Experience with AWS and its Data Analytics tools.
- An interest in Data Science and its application.
- Using machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce unique solutions to interesting problems.
- Providing input and direction to development and product pipelines to ensure data requirements are best captured at source.
- Experience in data modelling of Non-SQL databases such as DynamoDB.